Advertisement

Non piercing nipple rings

topic posted Sun, February 17, 2008 - 7:55 AM by  Elusive Grace
Share/Save/Bookmark
Does anyone know how well those non pierced nipple rings work? Do they stay on, or would I end up messing with them all night? If you don't know what I'm talking about, here's a link to an ebay seller that has two kinds...the ones that pinch, and the ones that have a slider, kind of like that thingy on the end of sunglass holders, only thinner.

search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZventura93004

Help me out? I could just buy 'em and see, but I hate to waste the money on something that's going to prove to be more of a distraction than a decoration. Well...a distraction to me. *smile* I don't mind if they distract others.

Also, does anyone know how to make the slider ones? I'm a novice jewelry maker, which means I know how to stick things together and bend little bits of metal, and then go ooh, ah over the result...but that's about it.
posted by:
Elusive Grace
SF Bay Area
Advertisement
  • Re: Non piercing nipple rings

Sun, February 17, 2008 - 9:30 PM
    How about a spring type that goes around the nipple like these?

www.bodygem.com/gemstones.htm

Sun, February 17, 2008 - 11:05 PM
      All of those look lovely. I was wondering...would elastic work? I have some elastic thread that I've used for beading before, and if I put a crimp bead on it to keep it at a proper size, I could snap it in place and it would stay, right? It would get stretched out eventually, 'cause that's what elastic does...but it might be easier to come by than super thin rubber. Any opinions?

Sun, February 17, 2008 - 11:24 PM
        Yeah that might work. I'd be careful as to the size you make the loop though because the elastic will want to continue to contract and what might be comfortable and just the right size at first might get uncomfortably tight over time as it contracts and the nipple swells. Kind of like an Ace bandage does when you put it on. Also for the same reason I'd watch how long you keep it on to beginning with till you know how it's going to work out because you don't want to accidentally cut off the blood flow for too long.

Tue, February 19, 2008 - 5:07 PM
        I would use thin gauge sterling wire to make a single loop with two extensions out on the same tangent (which seems to be the same way those in the pics. are made). Twist the wire on a mandrel about ten percent smaller than the desired finished diameter of the ring as it will expand slightly when you release the tension put on the wire while wrapping.

Fri, April 25, 2008 - 7:33 PM
    Just get them pierced! It only hurts a little and provides a lifetime of pleasure!

Sat, April 26, 2008 - 4:33 PM
      Strangely, different people have given different impressions on how much it hurts. I know people who didn't think it hurt much, to women who thought it was nearly unbearable. There are also people who have had trouble healing and have gotten infections, lumps, etc. One woman I know had to have part of her breast removed because of persistent infection at the piercing site.

As for the lifetime of pleasure...there are differing tales about that, too.

Not everyone is happy with a piercing, and if you don't want a permanent piercing, there is no reason to have one. I have a clit hood piercing that I'm very fond of, but I wouldn't recommend it to everyone. It HURT when it was done. (Though mine stopped hurting as soon as jewelry was in) and I've never had a problem. But again, some people have. And it's not a place that you want to have problems happening. Plus, I am not the first woman to find that while it increases sensitivity tremendously at the beginning, there also is a fall off of sensation eventually. I'm probably back to where I was pre-piercing sensitivity wise.

Latex, I realize that you can't understand that not everyone likes what you like, but at least make the attempt to get that idea into your tiny brain.
      • Unsu...

Re: Non piercing nipple rings

Sat, April 26, 2008 - 7:01 PM
        I don't know why I think non-piercing nipple rings miss the point. I'm not even sure that I know what that point might be, other than it's almost a ritualistic thing that shouldn't be skipped in order to wear a "look."

As for me, I took my one ring out for a chest X-ray and couldn't get it back in, but if I do go for it again, I'll pierce both and put a chain between the two. Only in my case the chain will go around the back of my neck so I can pull these things back up where they used to be.

Sat, April 26, 2008 - 9:56 PM
          What's ritual for some is decoration for others. I'm sorry that you think my wanting to dress up my breasts without ruining them misses the point...especially since that is, essentially, the point.

Sat, April 26, 2008 - 10:23 PM
            Okay, okay...*potentially* ruining them. Believe me, if I thought my way too sensitive nipples could handle a piercing, I'd be stripping my bra off in a second. But after talking with a few people that have those extremely sexy piercings, (and what a great excuse to look at breasts! "I'm considering getting a nipple piercing...can I see yours?") I decided they weren't for me. Still, the point is to look and feel pretty, and these non-piercing rings definitely do accomplish that goal.

Sun, April 27, 2008 - 9:59 AM
              Elusive

Body mods should be the choice of the one wearing the body. If you want decoration, that's cool. If you want the real thing, that's cool, too. However, "the real thing" isn't as easy as so many people like to think it is. Nipple piercings are one of the harder piercings to heal properly. And no one should be judgemental on why someone else doesn't have a piercing.

I admire ink on others, but I have yet to see anything I'd want permanently affixed to my body. I have a branding, but I know a lot of people who have no interest in having "burn scars" added to their body, and they certainly have the right to their views and choices. There isn't any essential "point" to any body mod. While some have spiritual meanings, many are just decorative, and that's okay. And of someone wants temporary tats for a party, why not? Who are they hurting?

Domina

Mon, April 28, 2008 - 5:54 PM
                I second Domina's points. I admire the art and skill that goes into tattoos and piercings. I admire the perseverence (and pain thresh-holds) of those who make themselves living canvases for the art they like. But, I also have never found anything that I could live with forever; so I have not yet gotten a tattoo or piercing beyond my ear. I make jewelry for the reasons that we have made and used jewelry for millenia. We decorate our bodies for various reasons: religious reasons, amulaic reasons, aesthetic reasons among them and all are legitimate. So decorate your breasts as you see fit--and tell anyone who objects to your reasons to take a long walk off a short pier.
                • Unsu...

Mon, April 28, 2008 - 6:57 PM
                  Elusive Grace,

Forgive if I didn't do a decent job of presenting my case, it wasn't meant to be offensive at all. I'd hoped my wording (quoted below) would indicate that it was my sorta-kinda feeling, but not carved in stone in some way. It was only intended to spur more discussion. I was even stepping out of my thoughts to look back at them with question marks.

Forgive me or slap me silly. I'd appreciate either as long as I got one or the other.

"I don't know why I think non-piercing nipple rings miss the point. I'm not even sure that I know what that point might be"
                  • This is the maximum depth. Additional responses will not be threaded.

Wed, April 30, 2008 - 7:17 AM
                    Watchdog, I'm sorry if I got a wee bit touchy, and you didn't really offend...it just sort of rubbed me the wrong way to have my choice of decoration questioned, at least as I saw it. So, no worries.

Thank you Domina and Charles, for supporting my choice to celebrate my budding acceptance of my body without taking the risks that inevitably accompany actual piercings.

I have been considering getting a tat for a while, but I've never been able to really decide on what to get. I've been thinking I might want a close-to-lifesize ladybug on my shoulder, but those lower back tattoos are really beautiful, too. I'd love to have a fairy with spreading wings, or a flower (a lotus or a rose) with coiling vines.

Wed, April 30, 2008 - 4:59 PM
                      Darlin,

During our bonding ceremony, ten years ago, I pierced my husband's nipples with the help of a professional piercer. (she put in the jewelry after coaching me through the actual piercing.) We did everything right, but one of his nipples never did heal up right, and we finally removed that piercing. The other one did fine.

There are no guarantees. And nipple piercings are one of the hardest piercings to actually heal. (Unlike my clit hood piercing which is one of the fastest healing. My GYN today was admiring it.) I wouldn't mind having nipple piercings if I was sure that they would heal easily, but I don't have them because I've seen all too many people have problems with them. Plus, they hurt for more than a day or two.

It's really silly for anyone to tell you that it's "easy" or "no trouble" or "missing the point" or any other buzz word. No one can really say that you won't have problems, and only you can make the call about what you want to risk with your body.

Once you pick a design, check with other people who have ink that you admire. Not all tattooists are created equal. Some are great, some are okay, and some are terrible. Get references.

Domina

Fri, May 2, 2008 - 8:51 PM
                        I had one friend that had no problem with her nipple piercings, she didn't even notice them other then the heightened sensitivity. Another one of my friends couldn't wear a bra for a week because she couldn't stand the pain from them brushing constantly. It really depends on the person and their body. I've been contemplating piercing my nipples for 6 years now.
                        • Unsu...

Sat, May 3, 2008 - 7:59 AM
                          i've had mine temporarily pierced for play and kept them in a while. It wasn't bad at all, but it did feel crazy weird if i stepped out into the cold.
                          • Unsu...

Mon, May 12, 2008 - 5:02 PM
                            I've heard that some people get their nipples pierced in order to have greater sensitivity. My nipples are already so sensitiive I don't think I could stand any more.
                            Then again I've heard that your nipples get less sensitive after being pierced. I don't want to lose any sensation.
                            And I've heard of infection problems. So I think I'll keep mine the way they are.

But that doesn't mean I wouldn't go in for some termporary decorations.

Mon, March 22, 2010 - 3:48 PM
    I did get some of the clear hoops from www.nipplecharms.com. they have some other nice stuff too. I was too scared to get pierced. still to worried. As far as distraction, that can be good too. I love the bells. that is under the dangles section. they make a soft chime as I walk or.. whatever! :)

Recent topics in "Kinky Crafts"

Topic Author Replies Last Post
electro sex toy construction Doug 18 March 16, 2014
younger women looking for older men Unsubscribed 0 December 24, 2013
need a tail wendy 0 August 29, 2013
Ideas for CBT cruzzin 13 August 5, 2013
paper clip spreader kado 0 February 3, 2013