Advertisement

Rope Length?

topic posted Wed, December 15, 2004 - 12:26 PM by  diana
Share/Save/Bookmark
So, here I am with another length question. :insert your joke here:

I'm making my own set of bondage ropes. I've got 100 feet. I'm thinking 30-50 feet for a Midori-style rope corset. (If you can remember her specifications on length, let me know. My copy of her book is in storage.)

The rest, 30' for a chest harness, 20' for a crotch harness and assorted 10' for wrists and ankles.

What's your take? What do you find the most practical rope lengths? If you were cutting up 100', how would you segment them?
posted by:
diana
SF Bay Area
Advertisement
  • Re: Rope Length?

Wed, December 15, 2004 - 1:02 PM
    I'd have one 50' piece for a rope body harness. (I don't know what a Midori style rope corset is.) Two ten foot sections and a thirty foot section.

25 or 30 feet works fine for breast bondage, or "binding the peach." (female genital bondage.) You can adjust this downward slightly for small women, or upward for large men.

It all depends on who you play with.

Personally, since I'm not a huge rope bondage fan, 25 and ten foot lengths work best for me. And a few 5' lengths (but if I use rope, it's not usually in standard ties.) But my husband loves rope bondage, so I keep one nice fifty foot section to make a body harness for him.

Domina

Wed, December 15, 2004 - 1:03 PM
    Out of curiousity, doesn't everyone make their own set of bondage ropes? I mean, how hard is it to buy and condition some rope and cut it up.

Domina

Fri, December 17, 2004 - 8:59 AM
    When I get 100 feet I tend to cut it to either 2x50 foot or 1x 50 1x25 2x 12.5 or any variation of that. It all depends on what I need. Basic tyiing to the bed and what have you requires shorter lengths. The more intricate you get the more ya need. My shorter rope tends to get more wear so I have to replace it more often.

JSin

Sat, January 8, 2005 - 10:22 AM
    For general bondage work, I tend to use 25 and 50 foot lengths most of the time. For suspension, I seem to be using 75 most of the time now. I sometimes use shorter lengths in the 10-12 foot range, but that's mostly to tie someone to a piece of furniture, rope gags, or to tie their hair into the rig. The actual lenghth varries greatly on who you're tying and how many times you're planning on going around thier torso. It's amazing how much more rope you will use up on someone large as opposed to someone small. You'll get a feel for it as you start tying more and more.

Sat, June 11, 2005 - 9:17 PM
    I do a lot of suspension bondage and my preference is to cut a 100' rope into either 3 or 4 pieces. I like to have an assortment. When I do 5 or 6 scenes in a night, I end up wasting a lot of time using anything longer than 30'. It's easiest for me to use the shortish lengths and simply tie in another when I run out.

However, I do very layered bondage, what works best for me may not work so great for you. If you decide to cut your rope into 50' lengths, you can always go back and re-cut them to 25' lengths later on.

Recent topics in "Kinky Crafts"

Topic Author Replies Last Post
spanking bench or spanking horse david 1 July 7, 2014
any single here Unsubscribed 1 July 6, 2014
Mature Women Looking For Younger Men Unsubscribed 0 June 28, 2014
HerpesFish.com -- Meet plenty of HerpesFish for free! Herpes 0 June 12, 2014